If you own a smartphone, you would certainly have an app like Uber to manage your travel in the city. These ride-hailing services have become a useful amenity for civilians. Only due to this innovation, many users have opted-out to buy their personal car; people can save a lot on parking, maintenance, insurance and others by relying on taxi booking apps.
Taxi booking app is a fine resource used by various consumers all around the world, and is certainly an attractive business module for entrepreneurs.
We cannot ignore that the pandemic has hit the local transport business very hard, but still people conveniently used the taxi booking software to meet their needs. Generally, the industry is steadily growing and expected to achieve more than USD 300 million profit by 2023.
Our today’s blog is for business owners, app developers and investors looking to infuse in taxi business online apps; we will specifically explain how the taxi app development works. Let’s begin!
Key steps involved in app for Taxi Booking:
A taxi booking app is a connector that joins the two parties; Rider and Driver. The platform allows the consumers to book a service, and likewise the driver or partner earns from it. So, what is the complete process, and how does the setup work?
1) Requesting a ride: A consumer books a ride from its smartphone mobile app and the same request is sent to a nearby driver partner. The user can also check the estimated ride cost during booking.
2) Connecting both parties: The client request displays the pickup address and estimated miles to reach the location. It helps drivers to decide if to accept or reject the booking.
3) Confirmation by driver: The driver can simply accept the ride request from the partner’s app. Similarly, a notification is sent to the customer with the driver’s details. Besides, the users can track the driver’s movement from the customer app (real-time).
4) Reaching destination: After the successful pickup and helping the consumer to reach the desired destination, the driver ends the ride from its app. Instantly, the user gets an app notification with the payment details.
5) Ratings and Feedback: Interestingly, both driver and consumer have the option to rate their experiences in terms of security, safety and behavior. They may share other concerns that they faced during the trip (if any).
Online Taxi Booking App Development Guide:
To build a complex app similar to Uber takes both client and user server-side development. The process requires an immensely optimized central system to manage the real-time user-rider communication. It offers a lot in each ride such as connecting the two parties, GPS, cost calculation, commission calculation and feedback. In addition, there has to be no lag time and should dispense agile service.
Key Features for Taxi App Development:
To have a reliable and constructive online taxi booking business module, we need dedicated mobile apps for rider and driver. This will support in differentiating the services and to manage specific functionalities that each party needs. Consequently, the process requires a consumer app, a partner app, and also needs an admin panel to manage the complete operations.
Let’s briefly understand the Key Functionalities below:
1) Consumer App:
- Registration: An easy to register app that takes less sign-up time, is preferred by the busy consumers nowadays. Direct registration with phone numbers or existing’s email accounts or social media channels is an ad-on to unite more users with the app.
- Trip Booking: It has to be for the real-time, so whenever a consumer requires a vehicle, they only need to open the taxi app and book the vehicle. No queue or wait time. They may also keep an option to advance book the service, to prevent any delays.
- Payment: Everything will be managed from the app and so the payment. Users can use different payment methods and also save the details for quick payments. It may have a wallet where users can pre-store the money for auto-payment.
- Trip History: Users can effortlessly view their different ride details (fare, journey etc.) from their account.
- Feedback: For each trip, users can share their experience, and rate the driver and its skills. This will certainly help to keep the quality and come up as a trusted service provider.
Advanced consumer app features:
- Improved GPS: The feature will enable it to automatically track the location of the user, to get the pickup point on the app; without manually entering the address.
- Joint rides: This advance feature will take 2-3 passengers at a time the same way. Likewise, the fare will be less to each passenger.
- Selecting Vehicle: Just for the comfort, consumers can opt for different vehicle types and choose the best as per their preference at the time of booking.
2) Driver App:
- Registration: A complete trusted and verified driver registration is used to be a partner with the enterprise. Documents like driver license, insurance and other identity proof are stored with the company.
- Payment account: The earned money gets instantly or weekly submitted to the specific payment accounts of the drivers. They may change the account details by sending a request from the app.
- Trip and payment history: Partners can track the trips and payment from their mobile app, and certainly calculate daily, weekly or monthly earnings. Aside, they can also review the journey details like pick up and delivery address, toal journey miles etc.
- Feedback: Similar to the consumers, drivers can also allot marks on consumer’s behavior during the trip. This adds the right to drivers to identify good users.
Advanced Consumer App Features:
- Navigation: Drivers can follow the in-app GPS to take the users to the destination. The GPS allows to locate the correct route and even informs about the traffic density.
- Order alert: As the app knows everything about the trip, drivers can even accept orders while completing an existing trip. Hence, it books the trip beforehand and picks the new user accordingly.
- Multiple vehicles: Interestingly, a driver can register to multiple vehicles and switch the same from the app. This allows the partners with never-stopping work experience. If you have one vehicle in the garage, you can certainly earn from the other.
Steps to Develop a Precise Taxi Mobile App:
-Pre-development (Research Phase)
-Development (Deployment and Testing)
-Ongoing support and updates
Generally, it takes around 4-6 months to build a constructive mobile taxi app.
Final Words: Taxi Booking App
We need to understand that the consumers are focusing on cheap and affordable ways of transportation nowadays, and the future of ride-hailing services is bright. Moreover, in the near future, we may find driverless cars winning the market. Hence, there is a lot more that these taxi booking apps will offer to the public.
Nevertheless, we need to equally work on the security of users, and take care of some other challenges like competition, localization and proper user-driver supply-demand.
From the development point of view, we need reliable, trusted and industry experts, who can combine all the elements and develop an effective taxi booking mobile application; for android app development and iOS app development.
Grey Chain Technology is closely working with web and mobile app development services. We have assisted hundreds of clients worldwide, with their different on-demand app development requirements. We have worked with industry professionals, organizations, NGOs and startups.
Be it a hybrid app development or cross-platform or native app development, our app developers can certainly support your specifications.
Send us your details at email@example.com, our team will be happy to connect with you.